Friday 6 September 2013

4 Days to go - Not in the mood for walking!





I dont know about you but when I travel, I travel heavy, prepared for any event that probably wont occur.  So this week, the idea of placing my stuff to bring list into a 30l rucksack was a daunting task.  The advice includes 2 set of clothes in total, sleeping bag, towel, toiletries, my insulin muscle rub and a host of tiny things, Still to do better but I managed to close it which was achievement which holds for a tiny silent (in my mind) applause.  Subsequently, I realised that there were other stuff that should go as well.

But rather than open and go back through it again, I filled another day bag full of stuff and put off making any more  Decisions Decisions Decisions....

I also have a blister that has spread across my  heel like a rash.  I burst it eventually but to say the bugger is sore is an understatement.  A constant reminder as I walk  now.  A taste of what is yet to come...

I am excited I feel, as I dreaming of the Camino now.  Last night was the last time I will sleep in my bed for a month, how long into the walk will it be before, I start to dream of that bed and this town.  I hope I survive the walk without doing so.  I am aprehensive as well.  Talk about thinking outside the box.  But these things I also like to do.  I wouldn't have met Martha or Oscar or more recently Wendy or Krishna as I would not have ventured to Mexico, India or Thialand.  Still no regrets there.  I believe I will have no regrets in Spain either, but then there are those blisters that say different!

No comments:

Post a Comment